Research Assistant Professor of Communication, Deputy Director of Quality
Doctor from the University of Cantabria having defended the thesis entitled “Recycled Concrete Structural Application: Durability in Marine Environment and Fatigue Behavior” obtaining the highest rating. Degree in Physical Sciences, University expert in building structures and pathology, Specialist in building rehabilitation.
Researcher at the University of Cantabria, currently holds the position of Head of the concrete laboratory and Deputy Director of Quality of the Laboratory of the Division of Materials Science and Engineering (LADICIM) of the University of Cantabria.
In recognition of his work in relation to sustainable construction, in 2009, he was awarded the national prize for the best work in construction and demolition waste management awarded by the Spanish Guild of Construction Waste Management Entities (GERD). In 2013 he was awarded the prize for the best publication of the year 2012 in the international Road Materials and Pavement Design magazine of Taylor & Francis publishing house.
LINES OF INVESTIGATION
His research activity focuses on the physical, mechanical and durability characterization of construction materials, from the microstructural field to their service behavior. He has participated in the last five years in more than 10 R & D & I projects, both public and private financing, related to the field of natural and artificial stone materials (mortars and concrete).
Carlos Thomas García
UNIVERSIDAD DE CANTABRIA
Laboratorio de la División de Ciencia e Ingeniería de los Materiales
E.T.S. de Ingenieros de Caminos, Canales y Puertos.
Avda. de los Castros, s/n
39005 Santander – Cantabria – ESPAÑA
Telf.: +34 942 200 915
Fax: +34 942 20 18 18
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS (5)
- Thomas, C., Setién, J., Polanco, J.A., Alaejos, P., Sánchez De Juan, M. Durability of recycled aggregate concrete (2013) Construction and Building Materials, 40, pp. 1054-1065. Cited 14 times.
- Thomas, C., Sosa, I., Setién, J., Polanco, J.A., Cimentada, A.I. Evaluation of the fatigue behavior of recycled aggregate concrete (2013) Journal of Cleaner Production. Volume 65, 15 February 2014, Pages 397–405
- C. Thomas, I. Lombillo, J. Setién, J. A. Polanco, L. Villegas. Characterisation of materials with repellents and consolidants from a historic building (2013) Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, Volume 25, Issue 11 ( 2013).
- Thomas, C., Cimentada, A., Polanco, J.A., Setién, J., Méndez, D., Rico, J. Influence of recycled aggregates containing sulphur on properties of recycled aggregate mortar and concrete (2013) Composites Part B: Engineering, 45 (1), pp. 474-485.
- Thomas, C., Lombillo, I., Polanco, J.A., Villegas, L., Setién, J., Biezma, M.V. Polymeric and cementitious mortars for the reconstruction of natural stone structures exposed to marine environments (2010) Composites Part B: Engineering, 41 (8), pp. 663-672.