LADICIM participates in national and European R & D & I projects focused on the optimization and innovation of the railway superstructure, carrying out development, verification and contrast studies of the different elements that compose it, taking as reference national regulations (Adif technical specifications) , European (EN standard) and American (AREMA standard). The work and results of all lines of research carried out have been reflected in more than 500 reports issued, 25 journal articles with an impact index and 7 Doctoral Theses, 4 of them within the LADICIM group and 3 corresponding to company personnel participants. Current projects include collaborations in countries such as the USA, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Germany or Ethiopia.
In the field of the most recent research, the following current projects should be highlighted:
- National DINATRANS innovation project: checking the behavior of sleepers of variable length to optimize the zones of Dynamic Transitions for High Speed and Merchandise Routes between sections of the ballasting track and the plate track. In collaboration with FERROVIAL.
- International Collaboration Agreement with RAILONE: homologation and production control of sleepers from the USA, Canada and Saudi Arabia.
- European innovation project RECYTRACK: development of elastomeric material from an out-of-use tire for high vibration attenuation in embedded track systems with embedded track. In collaboration with ACCIONA Infraestructuras, ADIF and AV Ingenieros.
- Challenges Project of the Ministry of Economy RAILCYCLED: recycling of traditional track for the manufacture of plate track.
- Research line to verify the mechanical behavior of special fastening systems for vibration attenuation, testing solutions proposed by international companies such as TYSSENKROUPP or RAILTECH.
- International collaboration with VOESTALPINE: homologation and production control of fastening systems for railways in Saudi Arabia.
- International collaboration with YAPIRAY: homologation and production control of sleepers and welding systems for railroads in Turkey and Ethiopia.
- International collaboration with RAILTECH: homologation and production control of rail welding systems.