Concrete and mortar
The line of research on concrete and mortars deepens the knowledge of:
- Design and characterization of concretes with recycled aggregate.
- Use of steel slags as aggregates for the production of mortars and concrete.
- New active additions complementary to common cements.
- Self-compacting concrete with high resistance (greater than 100 MPa).
- Microstructural characterization of concrete and mortar using SEM and TAC techniques.
- Design of new concrete characterization methods, both in the fresh state (workability), and in the hardened state (permeability).
- Concrete fatigue characterization, including high frequency behavior (100 Hz).
- Durability studies, analyzing the response to cycles of ice-thaw, moisture-dryness, accelerated carbonation and marine environments.